Keep in touch to hear about our achievements, events, and workshops!
Thank you for your interest in joining our team to become an intern at Noor Family Services. Interning with our agency will provide an amazing opportunity to make an impact in your community. Noor Family Services offers internships throughout the year when vacancies are available.
At Noor Family Services you will:
*Get connected with a dedicated team of passionate and dedicated professionals at the forefront to end domestic violence.
* Develop an understanding of domestic violence and its effect on victims and the community.
* Gain experience in crisis intervention and various advocacy work-related fields
* Learn about the various nuances that affect recovery among immigrant and foreign-born victims
* Examine best options for dealing with culturally sensitive issues among victims
* Help empower victims and survivors to enable them to live positive and productive lives.
* Become more culturally competent by acquiring skills to work effectively in cross-cultural situations
IDEAL INTERN APPLICANTS:
* Enrollment in an academic program with good standing.
* Social Skills – flexible, emotionally and socially mature, able to function in a team.
* Participation in all supervision sessions and meetings as required.
* Comfortable with basic computer skills, knowledge of using the internet, and MS Office products.
* Reliable transportation to NFS facilities and training sites
To apply for an internship, volunteer, or become a community partner contact:
Mail: P.O. Box 3803, Alpharetta, GA 30023
Call: 770-814-4429/ 678 404 1692
Noor Family Services is a fiscally responsible, well-managed, non-profit organization whose operations are overseen by a 5-member team of board of directors.
NFS is grateful and appreciative of the many local donors, but our community partners serve a unique role in the overall efficiency of our program operations and we could not accomplish what we do without their important role, investments, and contributions.
Our community partners include individuals, faith-based communities, social service agencies, advocates, first-responders, and other organizations that are interested in addressing the growing pandemic of domestic violence in immigrant communities and have a desire to work with NFS to eradicate this problem.
Community partners do their part by providing generous financial and in-kind support to our operations.
If you’re interested in becoming a community partner with NFS, please call 770-814-4492. We’ll be happy to identify our needs and determine how your support can have the greatest impact.